BY

I
HAD
A
DREAM
WHEN
DAD
DIED 
THAT
HE
WAS
FLOATING
BY
TO
SAY
HI
THEN
 I
WOKE
UP
AND
HAD
A
TEAR
IN
MY
EYE
THEN
I
DREAMED
I
DIED
AND
TURNED
INTO
TEDDY
BEAR
FLOATING
IN
THE
SKY
WITH
THE
ANGELS
BY
MY
SIDE
AND
I
WAS
LIFTED
UP
TO
THE
SKY
AND
CARRIED
BY
THE
ANGELS
THE
DAY
I
CRIED
I
WASN'T
INVITED
BECAUSE
THEY
DIDN'T
LIKE
ME
NEVER
HAVE

SOMETIMES
I
WISHED
I
WAS
DEAD
WHEN
I
FEEL
THIS
DREAD
 BUT
WHEN
I
WALK
THROUGH
DEEP
WATERS
I
KNOW
YOU
WILL
BE
WITH
ME
 CUZ
I
KNOW
HE
IS
WITH
ME
*
*
*
*
*
DAD
I
MISS
YOU
*
*
*
*
*
ME
 MY
 CAT 
LAID 
BACK
 MACK


SEATTLE TIMES
...Above all, however, go to see the marvelous Donna Collins. Collins also resides in Michigan, albeit in Kalamazoo. Collins makes impressively innocent yet inventive work.
Her materials are a mixed bag of delights: glitter and brown wrapping paper, tempera paints and sewing notions. Her bright, exuberant 3-D pieces are framed in vintage windows; their funky wit and brilliant palette is truly irresistible.
Yet her art has rigor; its humor and its upbeat brilliance are double-edged. This has been recognized by her growing cult of collectors, which include the actresses Susan Sarandon and Roseanne, as well as their fellow L.A. resident Courtney Love. If you feel like joining their ranks, make sure you get to the Garde Rail early.
Copyright (c) 1999 Seattle Times Company, All Rights Reserved.